Re-streaming to Instagram is possible using a third party software available at https://yellowduck.tv/
Yellow Duck will generate the required stream key and RTMP URL from Instagram.
There are a couple of drawbacks to this approach:
- Flux Panda only supports two RTMP re-streaming end-points at this time, so you have to give up one of the available slots i.e. Facebook or YouTube
- As opposed to Facebook and YouTube the stream key on Instagram is not permanent and expires after a few minutes. This means from the time you generate the key you have to copy it into Flux Panda and go live relatively fast.
- You will not be able to see if you are live on Instagram using your own account, hence use a friend's account or create a new account and follow your broadcasting account to check if the stream works.
Step by step
- Download the app from https://yellowduck.tv/
- Once the app was installed, open the Yellow Duck app, and enter your Instagram name and password
- Check "Allow commenting" if you want people to comment on Instagram live. Tip: this is also useful to promote the flux.video/your-channel-name landing page where people can order the products. Ask your friends to help with promoting the URL using the comment box, so other viewers can see it.
- Click on "Log In" in the Yellow Duck application
- Once logged in, copy the "RTMP URL" and the "Stream Key" over to Flux Panda
Configuring Flux Panda
- Open the Flux Panda admin panel and go to your channel.
- Click on "Channel Settings".
- Now, choose the "Facebook Re-streaming" or "YouTube Re-streaming" settings and paste the "RTMP URL" and the "Stream Key" from Yellow Duck, press save.
- Finally, go to your session and "Go Live"
Remember: you have only a few minutes from when you generate your stream key in Yellow Duck, to going live.
Need help? Contact our support team or write us at email@example.com